The Little Angel

 


When I sit to write a lot of things go into my mind about what I am going to write, how to place that word or this word on the right paragraph, and so on. At times when I sit to write nothing comes into my mind there is always a block for writing or starting, but today I am so happy to write something about a small angel who is going to come into this wonderful world. 

  Before I knew your name,
Before I saw your chin and your nose,
Before I counted your fingers and toes,
I asked heaven for someone as wonderful as you,
And every prayer and wish came true.
I dreamed of you…
Before I knew your name


A small poem which I saw when I was reading some article. At first, I did not understand anything but after reading two-three times I got the essence of that poem. Sometimes things come to us we can’t explain how but one way or the other they will come to us. I will say something about a mother waiting for her baby to come into this world.

Before flying to the UK correctly saying two days before that is on January 20, I received a voice message from my sister in the UK. It said, “da you are coming to the UK, you are aware of my situation now, coronavirus is spreading and you should be very careful while traveling. Wear two masks in flight and at the airport, carry a packet of the mask with you and change it when all you feel so “some might be wondering what in the world is she telling me. I was able to see a mother’s concern for her baby who is yet to come into this Wonderful world. She was so concerned I could see and feel that in everything she does. She is just two months pregnant I think so when I came to the UK and I was able to see a huge difference in her from a sister to an upcoming mother ...  I could see her running into the washroom and vomiting all those times when we had dinner and I was like Ooo no what is she doing eating the food and vomiting all those.

She began to feel better about the start of the second trimester, all of the annoying symptoms of the first trimester are fading and are not so severe that she is physically uncomfortable; the next three months are the time to get things done, plan, and talk about the baby. An ultrasound at 20 weeks to determine whether you are having a girl or a boy. The first time I understood how I felt about my sister’s pregnancy was after the ultrasound. I watched a small scan copy of, a little angel moving around in her tummy, and I freaked. I have a lot of respect for my brother and sister because at the beginning they wanted to know the gender of the baby but later that they didn't because they realized boy or girl was God's gift. She begins to feel the baby move around, those kicks and hiccups that you can't tell are from gas or baby.

One day we all were sitting in front of the television and having some casual talks and she suddenly asked “do you need a baby girl or baby boy”. The sudden answer that I give her was I needed a baby girl. She told our. I think it’s because in my house I had a brother and always wished to have a sister, maybe that’s the reason I told her I need a baby girl. But boy or girl uncle was ready here to take care of you.




You could see my brother walking back from her, irritating her making her mad, and so on. At times I have thought these two are so cute and lovely and sometimes I have thought what in the world is he doing to her in this situation? I have seen both of them fighting the most and after some time I was able to see both sit together and talk to the baby. Chechy is very sensitive sometimes because I have felt that because some might know I am a short-tempered person and I don’t know how I react to people at times, At times I have behaved very rashly with her and to be frank I have seen her crying after that. Those times I was thinking why is she so sensitive? Why is she like this? The one reply to my question was da chechy is in this situation so don’t be rash to her, she likes you tats why she is walking back of you and correcting you. I have a friend to whom I tell all my day-to-day things. I told her all that time she told me da during pregnancy time mood swings happen and we can’t imagine how things will be and she has added one more thing as a boy you don’t understand this but as a girl, I understand how she feels and advised me you be nice to her and take care of her. Chechy it’s not because I don’t love you or respect you, I am just not good at expressing my feelings.

For many mothers, the third trimester is the most difficult; moms become tired, they are sore from carrying around the baby's weight and things in their bodies move and happen that they do not expect and cannot control and more about the birth of the angel is nearing. But I have not seen her tired you could see her walking here and there in the house, doing that and this. She is the one who runs back of me and others saying do that do this. I have not seen a pregnant lady this active. August 3rd was the date and nearing the date I felt that she is all set to welcome the baby angel into this world, I have seen her sitting and talking to the baby, I have seen her praying, and so on. I would say she is a mother who wanted the best for her baby because for buying things and stuffs for the baby she always searched for the best of best things.

It was nearing the date, she used to say it was my birthday on July 29th and if the baby was also on the same date it would be wonderful. Whatever it is you could always see her happy in all sense. On 28th early morning brother came down and woke me up and told me to get ready soon chechy is not feeling well we are moving to the hospital. Went to the hospital they kept her for observation. Her mother and I went to the hospital and could not see her, so we both went and sat at the chapel. There were lots of things going through everyone’s minds. Everyone seems ok but the truth is tension was hitting everyone. Brother seems fine but I am sure inside him it was burning like hell. The morning when they went to the hospital everyone was tensed but chechy seems so fine he he he he he. I kept on ringing her and brother all kept saying some horrible scientific terms and things I was like aaaaa what are these people saying? I ring Ashly and told da chechy is in hospital and she started asking me things I told her da I don’t know what you are asking all I know is she is in hospital. We were back at home and after 9 pm she was alone in the hospital no one was supposed to stand there. I kept texting her, and she seems fine. I was praying to god that she should be fine. Whatever it is one day without her at home seemed so dull, and it was her birthday tomorrow. I bought her a gift and kept it at home but unfortunately, I was not able to give her. Her waters broke. Her little contractions start, and everyone was in a state of panic. She was hooked up to machines that show the baby’s heartbeat is not that good, The morning we got up brother was ready to go to the hospital, he received a call and saw him running to the hospital, a few minutes later he called and told will need an operation for her. Everyone was tensed, around 9.15am he called and told us she is been taken to the theatre and after some time we heard the news that she has given birth to a baby angel. Everyone was very happy, chechy what a wonderful gift god has given you on your birthday. Sometimes god hears our prayers; sometimes he takes time and looks after us. You prayed and you got the best gift ever on your birthday. As a brother I am so happy, you told me “da you only told you to need a baby girl here she is “. Now, uncle Joice is waiting to see you and look after you. I know and I am sure you will be a wonderful mother because I have experienced your care as a sister and as a mother .

Chechy always says to me just see all these days you have to go through all these what your brother is going through. Have a lot to write about you and baby but words keep on running through me and I am not able to place those words in the right place. I will once you are aside me running back of me " da poyi kochina nokda "


"For you formed my inmost being. You knit me together in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. your works are wonderful. My soul knows that very well(Psalm 139: 13-14)

                                                                                                      

                                                                                                               Joice Joy:

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts